Sunday, June 1, 2014

June is here!

I Love June 1. Ever since I was a little girl my favorite day has been June 1st.  My Grandma, which I loved and spend many summers with was born on June 1.  She was married on June 1 and her name was June.  So ever since a child I have grabbed on to that day as my favorite day.  So since today is a happy day I am going to post some pics of Michalla before she was diagnosed with Leukemia the first time about 2 years ago.  These pics were taken in May 2012.  She already had AML at that point but we didn't know it.  It took until Aug for the official diagnosis.

 

 
High school graduation

 Seminary Graduation

Senior Pics

Love those blue eyes
 
Richard is at the hospital this morning.  He just called and said Michalla is continuing to improve.  We have had 3 days in a row of improvement.  Her bipap has been set as high at 70% oxygen.  (We breathe 21% oxygen).  It has been going down a little each day.  Today she is down to 40%.  The pressure of the machine is also slowly being reduced.  They are adding some real food to her feeding tube and she has been able to tolerate it. (In the past they were only using the feeding tube to get medicine down.)
 
We are in a new room in the ICU with several windows so the sunshine can come in instead of the dark one with no light.  Michalla has been able to have a little bit of slush. She is also getting a little stronger and can move a little on her own (turn over without assistance). 
 
I have a good feeling about June!  All good things ahead.

5 comments:

  1. Love the pictures. This just made my day knowing that she is still improving. You have such a great attitude. All this positive energy is exactly what Michalla needs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see that things are getting a little better for Michalla. These pictures are so beautiful. What a hard time for her and her family. May the Lord continue to bless you all with the strength and faith knowing that there is a loving Heavenly Father who knows the plan for each of us. Prayers and love are sent your way each day. As Lilly's grandmother I know of the pain that you are feeling. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just made my day beautiful! Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely!!! She is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful to hear that things are improving! She is a beautiful girl indeed!

    ReplyDelete