Thursday, May 29, 2014

Can May be over already?

Highlights of last night:
1. You know you are in the hospital when the big excitement is you finally have a bowel movement  (I keep digging a bigger hole for myself when Michalla is finally able to read this).

2. She pulled out her feeding tube so they had to put in a new one to be able to give her the oral medicine she needs that isn't avail. IV and she had to have another line added to her arm because the three lines they already have running in her pic line aren't enough to give her all the medicine she needs. (Really?  4 lines running at once?)

3. Reduced her pain medicine.  We will see how she does.  Want her more alert because she has to start doing more physical therapy (gotta love it, huh Jeff?) to be able to stand and walk again on her own.

4. That pic I posted of the sore on her ear  (they are blister like sores) are starting to spread to other areas of her body.  I noticed 6 or 7 ones on her back, neck and head while we were giving her a sponge bath.

5.  Her chest drain coming off her lungs stopped working (they think from a blood clot) so they spent several hours working on getting that to work again.

6.  I sat in on the nightly gathering of docs outside her door.  Down here in the ICU they do it in the morning and at night rather than just once a day like in ICS.  I guess I am a glutten for punishment since I said I wouldn't do it again after listening in a couple days ago.  This time went better though.  I was more prepared and I actually felt like Michalla's advocate for a few things.  I am not a doctor or even a nurse but I feel like I know my daughter pretty well. So even though I probably drove them crazy I felt really good about it.

7.  The outpouring of love and generosity continues.  Out of respect I am not going to say who or what but a generous donation (can you say widow's mite) was given to me to help with Michalla's expenses.  I am shocked and often times stumble to stay the right words to adequately thank everyone that sends me little text messages or puts things on facebook or brings a meal or runs errands or watches kids.  EVERY single act of love has an impact on me, even if I don't have the resources to individually respond back.  I wish I could start listing names but I am afraid I would forget someone and don't want to hurt feelings.  But please please if you have reached out to me or any member of my family, know I am talking to you.  I love you all.

5 comments:

  1. I am so happy. Despite all of the bad I feel like there is a lot of positive things happening for her. Let's start June on the right foot and continue to see miracles happen....I know they will. Give her lots of love and hugs from her friends and family, she has an unimaginable force of love and faith behind her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there today! Hold tight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't know me, but I came across your blog from Facebook. You are in my prayers and thoughts. So grateful for the knowledge of eternal families. Love reading every update. She sounds like a wonderful girl. I love her fighting spirit! May The Lord bless you all. Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your little comments that Michalla will kill you for later. But you are keeping it real and raw is the best way to explain the truth. Your discriptions are amazing. Thank you for touching our lives with your writing. I think Michalla won't be mad at all, she will be truly grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love reading this! Keep it up! Stay strong!!!!

    ReplyDelete