Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Smiles

The results from the ultra sound and labs showed Michalla doing a little worse.  That is ok.  She has only had 3 doses of the medicine.  The good thing is her spirits seem to be up today.  She loved loved loved the rally last night.  Rich said she was smiling the whole time and was mouthing along to the song the kids sang.  I haven't seen her smile in weeks so that is awesome.  Despite a hard night (her cathyter came out twice and they had to put it back in (ouch!), she has been pretty alert today.  She was so excited to see Clint.  When he walked in the room she started crying.  He really is amazing to her.  He is such an outstanding young man.

Thanks to everyone that fasted and prayed today in our behalf.  Thank you to all that went to the temple today too.  I felt very loved and have passed on that love to Michalla.

Before I went to the temple today, I put my dress into the dryer to get out the wrinkles.  When I pulled it out, there were tissues and certs and all sorts of papers all over the dryer from things I had left in my pockets.  So I was surprised when I put my hand into my pocket in the dressing room to feel a piece of paper. What I  pulled out was Michalla's name tag from when she went through the temple for herself last Nov before she was to leave on her mission.  It was so neat.  I carried it in my pocket through the whole session.  It was like she went to the temple with me today in spirit.  A little tender mercy from the Lord.

I am hoping for some good news tomorrow when we see Labs from early tomorrow morning.

9 comments:

  1. I absolutely Love that her nails are so perfect and beautiful! She is so wonderful, seeing that out a smile on my face:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her smile and countenance are so precious! She glows despite all that is happening to her. What an amazing young woman she is! And Clint is a stellar young man :) So happy to call him my brother! Although I'm breastfeeding, I fasted a meal this morning, prayed, and had Michalla in my thoughts all day. Sending more love and prayers your way! Love you Michalla- YOU ROCK GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Went to the Temple today, and put her name in again. Praying for yall, always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my….what a special gift you found in your pocket! Heavenly Father loves you and cares about you. <3

    I LOVE this picture of Michalla! I agree, she looks beautiful despite all she is going through. I have no doubt that the fasting and prayers are helping her, and you, in MANY ways. Take care of yourself, and tell Michalla that she amazes me……AND, I think she has a very special boyfriend! ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you Michalla! You were in my thoughts literally all day! I have a continual prayer in my heart for you too. You are an angel here on earth. �� You're Heavenly Father loves you SOOO much! He is so proud of you and you faith and amazing strength. Hugs and prayers for you always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Mom & I fasted & prayed for you Michalla & your sweet gamily all day! We love you so very much & pray for continuing blessings to come your way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet tender mercy that you found that paper in your pocket. It goes to show that God is in the details and He will take care of you. Happy to hear Michalla is in good spirits. ..atill praying for a miracle! !

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Lord's plan is so painful sometimes! But you seem so humble and I know that will be a great blessing to you. Thank you for being willing to share your trials and deep sorrows. Even strangers are being touch. Prayers for your whole family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michalla, even though you are a relative of my relative, we have always thought of you as family. We have prayed with you, rejoiced with you and shed tears over your trials. What I do know is you are the most kind, tough young woman I know. You are a fighter with the most compassionate heart. You are a daughter of God and He does love you! You always think of others and your testimony is shown through your actions and words.
    We are praying for you and your family and sending lots of continuous love your way. Tonight I also asked my young women presidency to pray for you. Thanks for your example and kindness to Keri and her family and for always making me smile. You rock!

    ReplyDelete