Monday, June 2, 2014

June is already looking up.

Michalla is off the bipap and back down to a cpap. That is good news. It means her lungs are improving. She is much more alert. This is also awesome. I have been so worried about her. Her new oxygen mask only covers her nose so she can talk. It is still hard to communicate with her but way way better.

She is working so hard with respiratory therapists doing exercises on her lungs that are painful. I am so proud of her for working so hard.

Because she is more alert she is aware of her situation. She started crying to me today that she feels so stupid. She said "I am just like a baby. I can't do anything by myself. I can't even stand and go to the bathroom by myself. I have to have help to do anything."

I feel so bad for her. It is so humbling to be in a situarion where you are dependent on other people FOR EVERYTHING. Even her very breath that keeps her alive.

Doing breathing exercises with respiratory therapist.

3 comments:

  1. It is so hard depending on others for everything, but some day soon she will taking care of herself. She making some big steps toward her kicking cancers BUTT. Keep fighting Michalaa, you are an inspiration to so many. ALL of Lilly's family love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing, strong and more beautiful than ever! Keep up the hard work, you are beating all the odds and showing us that miracles are real. Love you always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please let me hang out with Michalla, I have been down those halls and those PICU rooms, I have Wed's off and some weekends; Meanwhile pay close attention to the Angels …they are there and they are real, Call me and I will be there if I can, I love you with all my butt,,,, I would say heart but my butt is bigger :) ha ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete