Friday, June 13, 2014

L. Tom Perry







Justin (Megan's husband) was coming into the PICU and Sister Perry was on the phone to get into the ICU and Justin was sitting there with his head down. He heard someone say, "Hey, I like your shirt."  Justin is wearing a Utah State Aggies shirt.  Justin said Thank you and looked up and said "Hey there's a familiar face."  Justin shook his hand and asked if he was here to see family or just making the rounds.  He pointed to his wife and said I'm here for her family. Elder Perry asked who Justin who he was here seeing and he said "My sister in law, Michalla.  She doesn't have much time.  Please pray for her."

Justin comes back to the room and tells us and we all jump him and ask him why he didn't ask Elder Perry to come give Michalla a blessing. (Sorry about that Justin :) ).  Then Logan, Rich, Clint and I all leave to go and try to find him to ask him to come to our room.  We couldn't find him so Logan and I came back to the room.  Rich and Clint kept looking. Rich said a prayer and asked Heavenly Father to please send your disiciple to come see Michalla. As he pondered it he was told, "Get up and go find him."  Then he went to Clint and Clint told him they should try the waiting room. Sure enough, there they were--right in the waiting room. 

Clint and Rich told him Michalla's and Clint's story of how Michalla was about to go on a mission and got re diagnosed 3 days before her farewell and how Clint was on a mission and came home to serve Michalla.  His son was actually a mission president  in Roseville, Ca before Clint served there.  He told Clint, "You are going to be alright.  You are a strong young man."  He actually told Clint this a couple of times.  He agreed to come into the room and visit with our family once he saw the family member.

He came into the room and of course Justin was the favorite, being from Logan and being an Aggie and he chastised Logan for liking BYU.  He pointed to Justin's shirt and said, do you see that there?  Maybe you should think about it.  It's a fine school.  You should go there.  After we chatted for a minute and showed him beautiful pictures of Michalla before she got sick, Rich asked him if he would give Michalla a blessing.  

Clint had the privilege of anointing and then Clint, Justin, and Rich stood in while Elder Perry gave Michalla a blessing.  He stumbled over her name but once he started giving the blessing he voice was so powerful and commanding. It was way different than the voice he used while just talking.

He told Michalla  "Your mission is just ahead of you. A great mission awaits you. Your sweetness, your love for other people and your desire to serve in our Father Heaven's kingdom will be richly rewarded in the life you live and for the eternities to come.  We bless you with all the comfort. We bless your family that they might understand this great achievement. ( referring to Clint) This young man that loves you so much, bless him, comfort him, watch over him that he may realize that this life is such a short period in the eternities and yet the powers beyond are so great we can not even realize. I bless you with comfort and  peace. Your life will remain as long as you desire to feel the presence of those around you. 

The feeling in this room is so much lighter. (It must be..I'm back to blogging. :) ) Sorry Danny. haha  The biggest change has been in Clint. He has really been struggling so badly.  He really feels like this is Michalla's destiny.  Clint said, "Michalla always wanted to serve a mission. She thought she was going to Knoxville. She had no idea what the Lord had in store.  What the Lord has in mind is way better than Knoxville."

So, The Miracle we have been praying for isn't going to happen.  When we knew Elder Perry was coming Clint said maybe it can be like in the scriptures and the woman just had to touch the Savior's robe. We all had a little glimmer of hope Michalla was going to be healed.

Instead, Michalla has been given the miracle of being able to serve her mission on the other side. We were given the miracle of finding some peace in all of this.  Like Clint said, "It is still going to be hard when she dies but I feel a lot better. I feel some peace."



11 comments:

  1. Teri--thank you so, so much for sharing this. It goes right along with so many of my thoughts over the past 6 weeks since Kaitlyn left. Please whisper in Michalla's ear to give her a hug for us. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Lord is such a merciful Lord! What a beautiful blessing and opportunity for your family. Thank you so much for sharing. My heart has been profoundly touched... again! With love, faith and hope!! ~Alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another miracle for Michalla! Our Heavenly Father has been listening to our prayers. He answered them in having Elder Perry at that hospital at that moment. I do not doubt that he was there not only for his wife's family, but Heavenly Father put Justin in is path and prompted Elder Perry to speak to him. Heavenly Father was comforting all of you…..especially Michalla! Whether she seemed aware of what was happening or not, I know she really was! What peace she must have felt!!! What peace all of you must be feeling to know Heavenly Father's plan for Michalla. I'm sure Michalla's prayers for you and Clint to be comforted, at this very difficult time, were answered when Elder Perry came into her room and he gave her the blessing you heard.

    THANK YOU for posting this……I'm shedding tears of love, peace, gratitude, and admiration. I pray that Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost will continue to comfort all of you in these last, precious moments with Michalla here on this earth, and in the years to come. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing.. My testimony has grown :) my love and prayers for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great blessing for the lord to bring such a wonderful servant of his and help you with some peace. I still love that sweet bald head. Kiss it again for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read every word of this blog and what more can I say than has been said? You are an inspiration Teri. Michalla is an inspiration. My heart aches so much for your family, even though I know that life goes on beyond this one. I wish there was something more I could do other than taste of your pain. It is such a blessing to have Elder Perry's blessing bring such peace. You are not alone. Thank you for sharing your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a direct hug from Heavenly Father....wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! That is so awesome! What a wonderful experience and a solid witness if the Lord's hand in your lives and in Michalla's life!!! Wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I couldn't be more touched. I will be praying for your family tonight. I do not know Michalla but I live in Knoxville and although we would have loved to have had your sweet daughter, Michalla serve here, it is so lovely that she will be able to continue her mission. I hope she gets to serve some "Southerners" on the other side. My entire family are not members of the church and I have so many family members on the other side that I hope are taught the gospel and accept it. Perhaps Michalla will serve Tennesseans still. Sending all my love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Teri - I am sorry for your family. Unfortunately I do know how you feel and I hate it. But somehow, in ways that I can not fully explain, you will get through it. ML and I are and you and your family will as well. I hope Kaitlyn will be allowed to be a welcoming friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for touching my heart.

    ReplyDelete