Friday, May 23, 2014

Morning update

Rich spent the night with Michalla.  When I asked him how she was doing at 8 AM this morning this is the text back. "Shes stable. Breathing on her own about every other breath. Shes awake and in pain. Shes looking at me like help me and there's nothing I can do.  And she can't talk.  Its horrible."

I forgot to mention yesterday that while Michalla was feeling so sick and having to do an ultra sound after her MRI on her liver and abdominal area, the nurse brought her in a heated blanket because she was so cold (and she shakes from a side effect of the medicine).  They laid it on her.  She turned to me and said in her voice she can barely get out "Here Mom, Do you want it?  You are always cold." It was the sweetest thing ever. The ultra sound tech said that Michalla was her favorite patient of the day and couldn't believe how considerate she was and thoughtful in the midst of her own problems and pain.

Update:  Just got off the phone with Rich.  Michalla got blood last night and is getting platlets right now.  She was in so much pain they have sedated her again and she is back to sleep.  She is still running a fever and has other issues but she is stable.  I am glad she is back to sleep for now.  She deserves some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment