Thursday, May 22, 2014

In surgery now

Michalla is in surgery. They are doing a couple of procedures on her lungs and putting in a picc line.  When I left the room there were 18 people in the room.  She was having some complications and it was crazy.  People rushing around like in the movies.  Things are under control now. I am not going to go into details about the surgeries.  Basically they are to help with the fungus in the lungs. She will have a line draining off fluid that will be in for a few to several days and a tube inserted into her lungs of some sort that will stay in for a while as well.  As they tell us the risks involved in each surgery they kept emphasizing that she might not be able to breathe on her own after this.  But basically we don't have a choice.  We have to take that risk.

We had the MRI and ultra sound earlier today.  I am going to testify right now THAT MIRACLES HAPPEN and PRAYERS ARE HEARD.   Yesterday on the scan it showed fungus starting into the brain.  It only showed the edge of the brain on the scan that is why they wanted the MRI.

First off, we got the ultra sound results.  The doc came into the room while she was still on the table and double checked the technicians work because she wasn't seeing any fungus in the liver or abdomen area.  With her having liver problems and with fungus in the lungs he couldn't believe there were no signs of it.  He made her redo the ultra sound with him watching and looking at the screen because he couldn't believe it. 

Next, we got the results of the MRI.  Three docs came in the room and usually whenever there are more than one doc it is to deliver bad news.  But.....they said they saw absolutely no signs of fungus in the brain!  The bone marrow doc's words were "we are all ecstatic and it is like the sunshine just rolled through this unit".

Of course they never tell you until after the results are back but if there had been fungus in the brain it would be a whole other level of risk and most likely brain surgery.  The doctors demeanor while talking to me, after they had mri results, was totally night and day difference than before they knew.  I think they all thought Michalla had a death sentence.  Nurses have been looking at me differently and not knowing what to say.  It was weird.  But as I have been telling nurses that there is no fungus in the brain, they just light up and say the whole unit had been crying and depressed once they heard. 

When I texted my mom the news she added two other words of the day to Lily's word of the day of Miracle: Faith and Healing.

I want to bear my testimony that the Lord is very aware of each one of us.  He has heard everyone of yours and my prayers.  He is a God of Miracles!  I know another miracle can happen with her lungs.  I know she is being watching over right now as she is in surgery. 

A million thank yous to everyone for all your love and prayers.  As a mother you love your children so much but over the past 24 hours as I have looked at Michalla and served her it has grown to another level. I feel like I have a little feeling of how much our Heavenly Father loves us. I feel like my chest is going to burst at times with love. I am so grateful for that feeling as it has helped me appreciate the love Heavenly Father has for each one of us.

 

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Your family is incredible.So sorry Michalla has had to go through this. We are praying for Michalla and your family, and I felt the Spirit so strong immediately after I began to pray for her. So happy to hear about the miracles happening, and you can feel it! That is wonderful news! And thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow Teri! Thanks for your beautiful words! I am so glad I started reading her blog!! What a beautiful testimony!! Tears! Thank you fsharing the news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been praying for your daughter and I am sooooo grateful for your wonderful news! !!! Angels truly walk those halls.

    ReplyDelete