Thursday, May 22, 2014

Day +19

PhotoMichalla trying to give me a smile.  This is at about 1 Am this morning after they spent about 30 minutes and 3 tries to get an iv line in her arm. The wash clothes are cool, which we kept switching out, to try to comfort her with her fever being so high. There were docs and nurses in her room all night.  She is not allowed to be left alone.

Michalla asked me this morning what is going on.  She says she only understands about 30% of it.  Even after I told her, I think she understands about 10% of it. 

We are waiting for bone marrow docs to come in this morning and then off to get mri, ultra sounds and possibly a procedure to go in and take a biopsy of what is in her lungs.  We are still needing surgery to get a permanent line put back in.  They don't know how much longer they will be able to get a line in her arm because she is retaining so much fluid. (She is up another 4 lbs today of fluid)

I know many many people are fasting and praying today.  They are felt.  While I am scared and anxious and this stomach ache I have may never go away :) , I also feel a peace that I didn't feel last night and there is a sense of calm in the room.  I know Michalla is being comforted by a higher power which gives me the most peace of all since there is very little I can do to comfort her. That is the worst feeling for a mom.

Thank you again family and friends and even strangers for your prayers.  Thank you Lily for the word of the day: MIRACLES

No comments:

Post a Comment