Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Power Puff Girl

What is She allergic to?! AUGG...There is ALWAYS something! Here is a progression over the past 2 days.  We took the first picture because her face looked so puffy, little did we know that would be the good "Before" picture as her swelling as gotten progressively worse.  Michalla can barely see.  She has a new appreciation for her eye sight.  Michalla was supposed to be home for a week to have a break. Well she did have an ok Sunday.  Spent the entire day at Primaries on Monday having a bone marrow sample taken and a spinal tap done ( chemo inserted into her spine).  Spent Monday night crying in pain because her back hurt so bad. Spent Tuesday still with back  pain and added headaches and more and more FACE SWELLING!  So much for a relaxing week home getting a break before it all starts again.
 
 
 



Here she sits back in the hospital as they try to figure out what is wrong.  We have tried Benadryl, Hydracortazone, Claritin, and 2 kinds or steroids.  The list on at home meds went from 15 to 20. Along with a shot and 3 iv injections.  I don't know why I went into Accounting in college. I should have went to Nursing school. :) 

Please pray that they can figure out what is wrong and she can go home tomorrow or Friday and have a couple days home before we start the next round of chemo on Monday.

Michalla is so brave. I am so proud of her that through all this she has been able to make some jokes and we have laughed about how she looks.  I would post some of the jokes here but they are not politically correct at all.  (That's what makes them so funny).  She has had all the nurses laughing at her as she makes jokes about her appearance with everyone that sees her.  She is such a good example to me as I would not have the courage to post a picture of myself looking like this.  Wow.  She is amazing.

3 comments:

  1. Michalla- I am so so sorry you are sick! You look miserable. :( I hope you can get some relief soon and you can go home - even for just a couple of days. We love you and are praying for you! Tiffany, Lilly, and Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry Michalla. Lilly was so happy to see you Monday, but not happy that you were there in the clinic also. Hope they figure things out soon so that you can go home for a few days. Our love and prayers go out to you. You are so amazing and strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michalla,
    I know that I don't really know you personally, but reading your blog made me happy enough to smile. Go figure that you made my day better :) Thanks for your example and willingness to share what you do so that I can be helped from it. You are inspiring :) ~Rebekah Crawford

    ReplyDelete