Monday, March 10, 2014

WE'RE BACK!

After an extra long break, Michalla is back in the hospital to start round 2.  Wish it was to bone marrow stage already....enough of this prep.  The plan is another round of the same chemo cocktail she had last time (14 days of chemo) then wait for counts to come back up (about another 20 to 25 days) then home for a week.  After that it will finally be time for the bone marrow transplant. 

My understanding is that she goes through a different type of chemo (one they say is much much worse) immediately before the transplant.  The whole bone marrow details are a little vague at this point.  The good news is that they say they have found a donor match!!!  He or She is undergoing the final testing now but the bone marrow team says it is looking good.  What an act of charity and total unselfishness for someone to do this for a person they have never met. It will be cool if Michalla can meet them and thank them someday.  The rules are that after 1 year from transplant if they both agree then they can meet each other. So cool!

I know every time I get on here I thank people...but I can't help it.  Michalla and I are surrounded by such amazing people from family to friends to ward members.  I am sorry I don't thank each of you personally but know that I am so touched and feel so much love every day.  You are truly the Lord's hands.

P.S.  Hi Adrian. Thanks for staying awake to read this. :)

1 comment: