Sunday, March 16, 2014

All Dogs Go Heaven.
Especially this little guy.
 
 
 
 
 
 
On Friday Trump was diagnosed with a liver failure. He had hours maybe a day or two to live.

 Everyone who knew Trump also knew that he ruled the park so to speak.. That's what he thought anyway! Hah and sometimes I would believe it when I would take him to the park with me and people I didn't even know would say hi to him! He definitely had more friends than me. But most importantly Trump was always your friend. To Everyone.
 
 
 
I am sure some of you would beg to differ but Trump ultimately was the best dog anyone could have.
 

Even at his last moments he was willing to give us one last "shake".
 
 
I don't know why Trumpy had to leave our family at such a young age. He will be deeply missed by everyone who knew him.  He was our big fluff ball who we loved so much!
 
 
The little girls and even Logan loved that pup to pieces.
Who couldn't? Look at that adorable face.
 
Out of all this trial I am going through for the second time it amazes me still how much Heavenly Father can still show you comfort through hard times. When I got to have my "break" in between rounds these last couple of weeks I was very careful of germs and such. Before I was re-diagnosed I would have Trump sleep with me more often then not. While I was home I wouldn't let him sleep next to me because I was nervous of the germs. On Sunday evening as I was getting ready for bed I kept having the thought come into my head to just let Trump sleep with you this last night before you go back to the hospital for another long while. I kept arguing back and forth whether or not I should let him. Love over Logic won and we snuggled Sunday night and I left for the hospital the next morning not knowing that would be the last time I would get to see him. I am thankful that Heavenly Father and the spirit kept nudging that thought into my mind so I could spend one last time with him and get my own "closure" since I couldn't at the vet. Heavenly Father knew days before any of us that Trump would have to pass to the other side. I am so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father to be mindful of me for something that hasn't even happened yet to make it just a little easier that I did get to spend that last night with my puppy. I love this gospel and cannot imagine going through this trail(s) without Him helping me step by step, holding my hand.
 


 

2 comments:

  1. So sorry Michalla. I'm continually reminded of God's tender mercies. He does love us even though we go through some hard trials in our life. So glad that you listened to the spirit and was able to cuddle with your puppy. Hugs and love to you at this tender time. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of all of your posts, this one has made me cry the most. I am so sorry you had to lose your sweet Trump at such a difficult time. I am inspired by your optimistic outlook about it all. I can't imagine how grief stricken you must be/have been to get that news. My goodness, God must know how strong you are to be able to handle such a blow. Hang in there, friend! Trump is rooting for you like the rest of us. I was thinking maybe it was his way to be even closer to you while you're doing your job there in the hospital. He's probably sitting on your bed as we speak. xoxo

    ReplyDelete