Thursday, July 3, 2014

Feelin' the PG love!

I met with the owners of Alisha's cupcakes and Firebird pizza this afternoon.  They presented checks to me from their stores as well as Angie's Cravings.  I am in shock at the generosity of these store owners as well as the community.  All three stores donated 10% of their sales for a week plus there were donation jars set out for people to donate to.  I don't know what to say other than Thank you.  Words just don't seem sufficient to express how grateful (AND LOVED) I feel.  Like I expressed to them, I have shed a lot of tears over the last couple of weeks.  The silver lining is that while many of them have been over sadness, I have also shed many tears just from the love and kindness I have felt from so many of you in this community.

For example, when I was at UCCU depositing the checks this afternoon a woman I have never met came up to me with as I was leaving and gave me a hug and said she was sorry about my loss.  She said she was at a Young Single Adult activity and they showed Michalla's 'I am a Mormon' video and ate Alisha's cupcakes (to support the donations).  She wanted to tell me how much Michalla's life touched and influenced people for good. 

It made me feel so warm inside.  While it is hard to think about Michalla several times a day, it is also very healing to know that she didn't suffer in vain and that she touched so many people.

Thank you for the texts and messages of concern on Michalla's birthday.  Thanks to family and friends, it was a hard but very good day.  (Pictures coming later) It was nice to celebrate Michalla's life in happiness and smiles.

Love to you all. 

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful thing for those businesses to do for your Michalla. Hope that it will help you in some small way. We have enjoyed the Cravings cupcakes a couple of times, so yummy. Thinking and praying for you Teri. Love ya

    ReplyDelete